Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Organic Pear Trees

About 10 years ago my husband and I stumbled upon two pears trees in the middle of a vacant lot not far from where we live. The unkempt lot is covered with weeds and tall grass so we take my husband's truck to get to the pears trees. Every year around the end of September we would go pear picking. If the rainfall was good during the previous months the harvest would be plentiful. Since these pears remained untouched from harmful pesticides I know that they are truly safe to eat and are considered Organic Fruit. Some of these Organic pears are unattractive in appearance and I may occasionally find a fruit maggot(requires extra cleaning) but that does not stop me from enjoying the healthful benefits from these green gems. Hey I eat Organic Fruit for what it's doing inside my body not for what it looks on the outside. Organic Fruit is expensive and this is one way I can enjoy at least one type of Organic Fruit free during early fall.

If you are thinking of planting an Organic Fruit tree a small back yard or garden is enough space. Most fruit trees blossom with beautiful flowers and a heavenly scent(lemon and lime trees have a wonderful fragrance) An apple tree such as a crab apple is a great start. Uncanniest to me and my husband planted an apple tree in our backyard about 3 years ago and thought it was a non bearing apple tree. Well a month ago we noticed green apples growing now. Pollination is a factor. There are some fruit trees that need pollination and some are self pollinating. Talk with your nursery to find out what's best for you. So with a little patience because it takes a few years before your fruit tree produces you will be harvesting Organic Fruit before you know it!



Wishing You Organically Well,

Sherlyn Edmonson
OrganicPurelyNatural.com

No comments:

Post a Comment